A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I am so confused

Please help me with this....I am going insane!

I previously had a bunch of my graphics online. They were really high resolution so I used Adobe Photodeluxe to shrink down the images. I uploaded all of the smaller images to the same server with the same names and replaced the files.

For some reason, only a couple of the images are showing up as the smaller size. When I transfer the images back to my computer with my FTP account, they are all the smaller size. Yet for some reason, they show up big on the internet. There are just a few random ones that are the new smaller size!?!

What the hell!

I am using a javascript code which pops up a window the size of each photo, so this is really annoying to anyone with a resolution lower than 1500x1200. Check what I'm talking about here in the artwork section.

Please let me know if you can think of a reason why this is acting crazy.

- Matt

First of all nice site man. I hate the pop-ups you should find the way how to layout your graphics inside the flash, leave the pop-ups to programmers. Try deleting everything what`s on the web, I hope you have priviledges. Once you delete all of it then try transfering all your files from your computer to internet using ftp or whatever, not the other way around...

later

the only thing i can think of is that some of the images you reduced ended up with different extensions?

I agree that you should just delete all your images form the remote site and upload all your image files again.

Alright...I think I have it fixed. Can you guys let me know how it works for you. The pop up windows should be just barely bigger than the images.

much better then the small ones, but I still have a problem with it.Once you click on one of your links in your galery section pop-up should open in front of that page not the back of it, cause it looks like you didnt click nothing at all, I can`t see the pop-up from the other broswer. I dont know if this is happening only on my computer!

DES

yeah you ned to add the focus() method to your window when you click a link in the main window

Originally posted by aversion
    yeah you ned to add the focus() method to your window when you click a link in the main window

What's that do?

Also, I wasn't having the problem with the windows popping up behind the movie, so I don't know what's going on.

- Matt

Hey Matt!

These all worked perfectly for me. Very nice too; last time I visited your site it was scroll city for me since I'm using 1024 X 768 resolution. Has to be that old Cal Poly ingenuity, huh?!? Good job!

Regards,

Mike