dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: -> Help - Something like tweening??

Smile

Hey guys, I was wondering how I would go about scrolling across the screen these small little pictures I have.. basically I want it to just scroll slowly in a horizontal line across a given area and repeat itself.. such as

PIC1, PIC2, PIC3, PIC4, PIC5, PIC6

and so forth.. and when PIC1 rolls off the stage.. it would be like

PIC2, PIC3, PIC4, PIC5, PIC6, PIC1

notice the PIC1 at the other side now... hehe any ideas?.. thanks again guys =)..

The utter newbie,

gw

hi ghowthoo,

first make te pix into a symbol. place pix 1 on frame 1 on extreme left edge....in say frame 20 move it to extreme right. from the FRAME option choose tweenin motion.

repeat the process for other images.

hope that helps

cheerio

Thanks for the reply RanTen,

I thought of that, basic tweening, easy enough.. but will that work with my case?

I will have a set of pictures.. much like say a cash register where it pops up the receipt.. the pictures will be stuck together.. and as it scrolls by... it repeats itself but doesn't restart it over again like that basic tween?.. such as

[PIC1-PIC2-PIC3-PIC4]

scrolling to the right: and as PIC1 scrolls off the screen

[PIC2-PIC3-PIC4-PIC1]

? I'm trying to figure out how your tip would work out ?..

thanks for the reply!

gw

asdasd

lalala hi =)

Im not sure what you meant because its late and im not thinking rite, but is it anything like this that you could manipulate the picture positions to where you want.If so I can give you a fla??

Copy and past this link into your browser??
    http://www.geocities.com/jaffasoft2/pics.swf

Hey jaffasoft, hehe like the name =)

thanks for the reply.. but that link you gave me isn't up.. no such pics.swf file..

just imagine small little icons or pictures or whatever you want placed side by side and scrolling across the screen.. from left to right, or right to left.. but for our example.. from left to right... and as A picture goes off the stage.. i would like it to loop back.. so as soon as a picture scrolls off the stage on the left, it pops right back up on the right as the whole thing keeps on scrolling slowly... hehe hope i explained it good.. thanks again.

gw

Thanks for the reply on the name the only reason it came about really is frustration every time I used a user name it would not accept it.So I thought I would call myself jaffasoft microsofts son.No not relly I did even realize that at the time. but anyway i use that user name every where and I have never had a prob with someone else already having the name.
    About the link!! Thats why I said to copy and paste the link into your browser thats why your saying its not up( because you just pressed on it and not copy and pasted it) but it is up you must literaly copy and paste this link into your browser because of some strange reason yahoo link dont work in flashkit threads or any other threads. OK
    So open a new blank window and copy paste link in there and try it!! Give it a second to load because it has four pictures in it!!!!
    http://www.geocities.com/jaffasoft2/pics.swf

hey jaffasoft.. hehe thanks again for your help.. YES! thats exactly what I was looking for.. well something to that extent but what you ahve is even more.. it follows the mouse! heehe thats soo cool =).. Could you tell me how to do it?.. or like you explained above send me a swf or something.. any way is fine, whatever is easier for you.. thanks again jaffasoft.. =)

gw

btw, you can email me, click on my name or if it doesnt show for some reason email here if you do decide to email me

ghowthoo@telocity.com

thanks again!

No problem, I sent you the fla go for your life!!!!!!!

hahaha thanks a ton man.. =)...

gw

that was really cool

Would you mind sending that to me as well? if you don't mind i would really appreciate it. That looks like something i could really used knowing how to do. Thanks. my e-mail is tooconceited@yahoo.com