A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: So what is creative ? Let's ask professionals...

So what is creative ?
    I have made a couple of sites and some people are telling me that I'm a creative designer,
    but some people are telling that i'm not
    whom must i trust ?
    http://www.telia.lv/~genius was made by creative ideas
    and I don't think that you have seen something like this before
    by the way what is creative in your opinion ?
    I had an inspiration while I ate breakfast at the office and I made the under construction page for my new project
    http://www.nonameproject.com
    there's nothing really new
    BUT
    15 minutes spent on it and 1 more minute to post it
    and it is not like the other ones

Please tell me your opinion

Flashing Goddess
    Originally posted by geniusly
    So what is creative ?
    I have made a couple of sites and some people are telling me that I'm a creative designer, but some people are telling that i'm not
    whom must i trust ?
    by the way what is creative in your opinion ?
    Please tell me your opinion
    I say trust yourself; in design there will always be disagreement over what is "good" and what is "not good" design. If you think "Creative" means making something new that's never been done before, well guess what? It's all been done before! Even if you have a "new" idea, do some looking around and you'll see something similar. Individual interpretations only add new twists and continue the evolution of design.

"Creative" is a word that changes meaning depending on if you're talking about "Fine Art" or "Design." In Fine Art, creative is interpreting things in a new way through drawing, painting, sculpture, etc. In Design, creative becomes more businesslike and means communicating in a way that attracts and maintains interest from your audience, resulting in action. Design is meant to communicate, but it's also used as a Fine Art form, usually on a designer's personal site. Usually if you want your site to be effective (make money), you can't mix the two unless it's a site for designers or pure entertainment. (We love exploring new and outrageous interfaces, but most of the surfing population is too impatient.)

Just keep doing what you're doing, and don't worry about what anyone else says.

Originally posted by DesignGrrl

Just keep doing what you're doing, and don't worry about what anyone else says.
    And what do you yhink of my design ?

I like it, geniusly.

One of the biggest problems I have in my capacity as a web designer (which I love doing dearly) is that because so much of my work is client orientated I don't have enough time to flex my creative muscles and do my own thing. It's always "oh can you change this for us", or chasing up payment etc. What I would like is a project with completely free reign.

So while you have the opportunity to prove yourself in your own way, do so. If you're good enough people will notice and you'll be able to make a healthy living from it.

really bad when you have creative ideas and you can make a really great things and you can't ((
    I understand you

I worked on a job where I had to make only my bosses ****ing things nothing more....

I here you guys your very right i always work for people that tell me what they want there stuff to look like and I have to please them. I just want a project where the person says heres my company name have fun with the site. That would be cool -Zek

genius, your first site is cool, but for somereason when i mouseover the up down buttons i get an javascript error... thought you might like to know (im told the block is undefined)

your noname thing looks interesting. tell us when it's done... interesting note, where i live noname is actually a very big company. they major in stuff you find at the grocery store.

as for creativity, if you can make something on your own, you are creative. at least that's the way i think about it.

No problems you will know as soon as noname will comes up
    btw you can mail me on genius@travelgiant.nu

Good Samaritan

resolved creative!

"Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom while discouragement often nips it at the bud."
    Osborn, Alex

Your unique site design shows that you are a creative person & you'll reach heights. So I think you should care a damn on what others' say.

Regards,
    techno

it seems that creativity not needed by designers... too much replies

I think I am creative

This is meant as a very philosophic answer