A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "Hold-down" buttons in Flash3

Question

Is it possible to create a button in Flash 3 with an action of Tell Target/Goto Next Frame, but will work while the mouse button is held down on it.

The idea is to a have a reoccuring action while the button is held down, rather than performing the action every "Press" or "MouseOver".

-- Leto

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

The trick here is to use a controler movie that has three frames in it. The first frame is blank with a stop aciton in it. The second just blank, the third is also blank but has the tell target command in it that tells what evermovie clip you want to go to the next frame. It also has a command to goto frame two and play. Now in the button action you put a command that says on press tell target X goto frame 2 and play and another command that says on release tell target goto frame 1. This will give you the effect that you are looking for. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Smile

Thanks a lot, Pope. It took me a moment to get my head around the "complexity" of your reply, but I can see how it all works now

And it does work well!

-- Leto