A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Spec, Time, Money and Technologies

To all

People can you please help me with a spec, I will send you the spec, it's very important and I think this is going to get me in the chair for a couple of months

Here is the spec:

Our Aim

To produce an interactive multimedia CD summarising all areas of this televised event, including all the elements to appeal to a wide audience: potential sponsors, potential guests for 2002, and general promotion – which could broadly be termed a ‘General Audience’.
    This ‘Corporate’ promo needs to be able to hold the attention of all its various potential audiences but still convey the message across.

Our Requirements

· A state-of-the-art promotional, information and marketing tool that guides interested parties through all aspects of our company.

· A FLASH intro

· A CD-ROM that contains approximately one hour of video footage as well as photos/images

· A CD-ROM that generates further exposure for our company and the sponsors

· We will be using content (video as well as text) from our last two events as a guide illustrating where we have come from.

· We will look to include a Multimedia section which will consist of Screensavers and Wallpaper (we already have these, but may look at getting new screensavers developed)

I should stress that as far as content goes for the CD, we will supply all of it. This includes the MPEGS, JPEGS, and Text etc. What we are looking at ideally is this wealth of content to be summarised and arranged in an aesthetic and professional manner!

Our Specifications

· Platform - Windows/Mac

· Features - Flash Animation
    - Voice Over
    - MPEG Video
    - Multilingual (French, German, Spanish and English)

Are you looking for somebody to help work on the project? If so please contact me and I would be happy to discuss this with you!

What technology

Would Flash or Director be used here? How long do you think, I'm only trying to get info at the moment

I think that most of this could be done using Flash, there are lot of ways how the information could presented. If they want everything to be located in one central file (ie the video plays inside of a layout) it perhaps would be better to use Director. They seem to have lots of content which is a great thing!

In my estimation this project could take a couple of months to complete. I would think that there would be a lot of back and forth of ideas and modifications to the layout.

caithness massiv
    flash in director using case statements and the like

maybe a professional voiceover?

quicktime movies w/ controls

flash nav, etc.

multilingual will most likely mean developing multi CDs (unless you burn to dvd) because an hours worth of video can get pretty big

lots of $$$

maybe 4 months from concept to production... if you've got no issues, all the content prepped, a good beta run, and dedicated designers

good luck!!!

Whitepapers

Anywhere I can find resources , whitepapers etc......?