dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D Flash Animator. Is it any good?

FlashKit ShapeShifter
    I downloaded it, but I don't like it. I was just wondering why 3D Flash Animator has it's own forum here. I don't see the big deal about it. Just a scaled down version of flash with amateur modeling features.
    [Edited by ammaar on 09-27-2001 at 10:36 AM]

Just my opinion, but I think it's a fantastic program. I don't use alot of the 3d features but, as far as any of the "scaled down" versions of flash go(and there are several), this owns blows the rest completely away! There's really no comparison.

For instance you have action scripts and can add interactivity, you can create your art inside the program itself(or import it), add sound as both .wav and .mp3, import .swf files created in other programs, and alot more.

What really makes it stand out though is the fact that you do not time your events out by frames, but rather by "time"(i.e in seconds), kinda seems obvious doesn't it, timing events to actual time measurements, it's a wonder no one thought of it earlier.

While it may take some time getting used to, once you do get used to working with it, you'll see that for it's features and ease of use it simply cannot be beat.

-Jason

FlashKit ShapeShifter
    Is there a point to having it if you have flash already though?

Simplicity, ease of use, plus its a great time saver. For 99% of my projects, I will open IFA(3d Flash Animator), before I will use Flash 5, and 99% of the files I create in Flash 5 end up inside a .movie file in IFA.

Give yourself a week or 2 using it, you'll be amazed by how simple it is to create some good interactive animation.

-Jason

Originally posted by zoranvedek
    Just my opinion, but I think it's a fantastic program. I don't use alot of the 3d features but, as far as any of the "scaled down" versions of flash go(and there are several), this owns blows the rest completely away! There's really no comparison.

For instance you have action scripts and can add interactivity, you can create your art inside the program itself(or import it), add sound as both .wav and .mp3, import .swf files created in other programs, and alot more.

What really makes it stand out though is the fact that you do not time your events out by frames, but rather by "time"(i.e in seconds), kinda seems obvious doesn't it, timing events to actual time measurements, it's a wonder no one thought of it earlier.

While it may take some time getting used to, once you do get used to working with it, you'll see that for it's features and ease of use it simply cannot be beat.

-Jason
    Hi im interested in making screen savers could i use this soft ware if so wear can i down load it from and how much does it cost

Hi im interested in making screen savers could i use this soft ware if so wear can i down load it from and how much does it cost

you can use it to make the swf but then i think that you nees special sodtware that you change the swf into a screen saver but if you want the software go 2 http://www.insanetools.com and the software is only $30 and you only need to sign up if u wanna make a interactive game otherwise its free but its best to sign up