A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: dragging a mask

i've been trying for a long time to drag a mask but it seems impossible. i'd like an area of a masked foto to be visible following the mouse... is there a way to do this?

thanks

Try throwing the mask in its own movie clip, drop the Movie clip onto your timeline. Double-click on the mask, that will take you to the masks Movie clip. In the movie clip give the mask the action startDrag (on press),the next line down enter stopDrag (on release).If that doesn't work then browse around the tutorial section.

Jesus in a cube.

Originally posted by jesus in a cube
    Try throwing the mask in its own movie clip, drop the Movie clip onto your timeline. Double-click on the mask, that will take you to the masks Movie clip. In the movie clip give the mask the action startDrag (on press),the next line down enter stopDrag (on release).If that doesn't work then browse around the tutorial section.

Jesus in a cube.
    i have tried following ur explanation but it's very confusing to me, since u seem to be talking about the mask both as a button (on press...) and as a movie clip. have u actually been able to reveal the areas of a photo according to the mouse's movements? the areas seen should be different.
    what i mean is that by moving the mouse u show different parts of a photo, u don't move 1 static part of a photo.... just in case my explanation wasn't clear.
    in any case, could u please give me more details, just to make sure i'm doing what u really meant.

thank u