A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Best way to get freelance work?

So I'm trying to get some freelance work going, and I sent e-mails to the design firms in my area, letting them know that I'm available if they have any projects that they need extra support with, & check out my website. Some of the smaller companies were really helpful, and said that they'd keep me in mind for future stuff.

But the larger, established companies? Didn't get one response from them. Why? I don't know. I guess they're all rich pricks, and they didn't want to waste their time by at least sending a response saying 'thanks but no thanks'.

I keep telling myself that my revenge will be putting them out of business when I get my own design firm going.

But anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for getting freelance work?

Thanks!

Well for big firms it's best to get the name of the person you responsible for outsourceing. Call them up and see if the secretary will give you his name and address and write them a letter and explain what you have to offer, and a resume/portfolio. If your just emailing them then they have no idea who you are and probably not even reading the email.

Dynamic Systems, Inc. mikaelian's Avatar
    Originally posted by thunderstormer
    So I'm trying to get some freelance work going, and I sent e-mails to the design firms in my area, letting them know that I'm available if they have any projects that they need extra support with, & check out my website. Some of the smaller companies were really helpful, and said that they'd keep me in mind for future stuff.

But the larger, established companies? Didn't get one response from them. Why? I don't know. I guess they're all rich pricks, and they didn't want to waste their time by at least sending a response saying 'thanks but no thanks'.

I keep telling myself that my revenge will be putting them out of business when I get my own design firm going.

But anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for getting freelance work?

Thanks!

Well, contacting the "big firms" admit the idea that they are big not only because thir uncle is the governor of the state... but also their work is of high quality. Be self-critial. Can your portfolio compete with their works (I hope it can).

etc...