A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: circles within circles question

Question

I want to make a circle grow from a dot to off the page,followed closely by another and another...and so on...creating the illusion of a tunnel of circles...I'm sure there's a simple bit of action-script for this that someone will know...can you help me..

many thanks ADAM

hiya,

i know how to do it ... but not through an action script ..

if you get a way to do it .. please let me know

stelogic@hotmail.com
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000289.swf" quality=high WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=100 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

I wouldn't of used action script...i would have made a movie of a circle growing from a dot to off the screen using a motion tween and then looped it or maybe do two at different intervals to make it loop right...
    if you wanted a tunnel you may want to add some lines down the sides which could be part of the previous movie or a movie on their own ....

give us a bell if you find the actionscript for it though..

mike

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

I agree with pest. Just make one movie clip of a circle growing form a dot to off the page. Make the tween take like 5 frames. Then just make a new movie clip and put the movie clip inplace in the first frame. Then on the second layer put the movie clip in the third frame etc. This way the animation will on be loaded once saving space in the final swf. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Cool

Many thanks for the replies....
    ....this messageboard technology is just... amazing A