A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading movies

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

I think its gona wait until the whole movie is loaded. Have not had to play that much with the sound. My customers are either on a lan / broadband or standalone products. Talk with Aquaman he may have more expertice in this area. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Question

This could be a stupid question but I will ask anyway. I have a movie say 100 frames and on the 10th frame (labeled: Sound) I am loading in a movie which is nothing more than a sound loop set to stream. On the main movie I have a preload that looks to frame 10 (label: Sound) to see if it is loaded yet, if yes the main movie plays otherwise more loading.
    Now my question is how is this loaded movie treated? Since the loaded movie has only a Sound loop and it is set to stream does it actually stream in or because I am loading a movie is it loading the whole thing?
    Any insight would be helpfull. I am actually trying to dynamically load sound loops but I want them to stream in (for download considerations).

---
    Cheers,
    L. Drolet