A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Clueless...

Hey folks,

maybe somebody had this happen before: On the site that I'm designing right now (http://wagnercreative.com/mac/) I have different sections (company, services,..., contact). These 3 I published the same way, every frame is called and named right, the loading if statement is pointed to the right scene and frames, also nothing missing in the loading script.

The strange thing is that company loads properly, but services and contact keeps hanging in the loading loop and can't move on to the main scene. This is my simple loading script:

ifFrameLoaded ("large format", "startlargeformat") {
    gotoAndPlay ("main", "startmain");
    }

The flash file is only 78K. I published and uploaded it several times and also made the if statement focus on different frames.

Does anybody know why it would do that?

Thanks a whole lotta bunch in advance!

Andreas

well.. there's only one thing i can think of but it might sound stupid, since u managed to the pre-loading correctly for the "company" section!
    it seems to me that u might have forgotten to put a frame. it looks like the movie checks the condition "ifFrameloaded.." only once...
    what i mean is that if for example u put the preloading frames in a scene of ur movie, u have to use at least 2 frames to make the function "ifFrameloaded" work. one with that code, and the next one to loop and re-check if the condition has happened; otherwise it has checked it only once...
    i don't know if that is ur case... i don't even know if i explained myself clearly! X-D.

Originally posted by Andreas Adamec
    Hey folks,

maybe somebody had this happen before: On the site that I'm designing right now (http://wagnercreative.com/mac/) I have different sections (company, services,..., contact). These 3 I published the same way, every frame is called and named right, the loading if statement is pointed to the right scene and frames, also nothing missing in the loading script.

The strange thing is that company loads properly, but services and contact keeps hanging in the loading loop and can't move on to the main scene. This is my simple loading script:

ifFrameLoaded ("large format", "startlargeformat") {
    gotoAndPlay ("main", "startmain");
    }

The flash file is only 78K. I published and uploaded it several times and also made the if statement focus on different frames.

Does anybody know why it would do that?

Thanks a whole lotta bunch in advance!

Andreas

Thanks Marina,

actually that's not the case, it's definitely set up right since it works right on the "company" page. there's a second frame that sends it back to the if frame.

Thanks a lot for taking your time though,

Andreas