dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: transport design

Hi,
    I was just wondering if anybody has come across any good flash transport sites. I had a look but couldn't find anything. I have to do a site for a haulage company and I'm running a bit low on inspiration. I'm looking for something with the theme of trucks

Thanks

President, save the
    New Zealand dollar foundation

trucks...
    hmm,
    inspiration is everywhere for this, especially if you go for a retro theme (not sure how relevant that might be obviously)
    think about old trucking programs like BJ Mackie and his best friend bear (yes I'm old)
    or that funny old "convoy" movie.. conjures up a ton of imagery for me..
    stuff like that, I would definitely go for American trucking culture over anything else
    also the mechanical angle offers some good truck imagery, chassis, wheels, engines, truck stops,
    actually truck stops would be a nice simple metaphor,
    the classic american waitress styles... serving up some ****ty 3 day old stewed coffee..
    if the emphasis was on parcel delivery rather than trucking, think that whole UPS brown uniform thing, you could pull that off with a ton of vector style too..
    hope any of this random ranting can spark something off
    8)

I actually saw "Convoy" the other night on TV but I think I get fired if I came to them with drawings of Kris Kristopherson's beard.

The whole American trucking thing is a go0d idea but as it's an Irish company I'm pretty sure the'll turn it down flat.

It's basically a boring haulage company so UPS wouldn't work either. Thanks anyway though, I'll just have to keep looking.

President, save the
    New Zealand dollar foundation

so Greg Evigan's (aka BJ Mackie)cleft chin does nothing for you either?
    lol
    Irish, yeah I agree, not at all relevant..
    the whole british "lorry" thing though..
    just the word "lorry" conjures up some imagery for me..
    matchbox toys and stuff..
    those funny old but new trucks that regularly appeared on the thunderbirds were pretty damn cool looking..
    there is an amazing flash site for a signage firm that involved a truck, can't quite remember the URL, anyone else?
    I'll see if I can locate it, it was british, in fact if you do a search through the featured sites here on flashkit you may find it - might have to go as far back as the year before last I would think..
    8)