A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Send variables by e-mail

Question

Hi there,
    how can i send variables by e-mail.
    Load Variables ("mailto:me@me.com", "", vars=POST) doesn't work.... Am i doing something wrong??? Please help me....

Greetz
    Robbert

Hey guys, about the first question: www.freeperlcode.com look in form handlers section for form-to-mail script. after instaling the script use LoadVariables to send your variables to that script which automaticaly will mail them to you or someone else. You might have to change things or two ;-)
    There are a lot of scripts ready to go out there just learn how to install them.

What you need is some CGI scripting; but getting help with specific CGI applications in here is like pulling teeth ... no offence to anyone offering help on the subject, but you must admit, to someone who knows toss all about PERL it's all just a load of symbols and semi-colons.

That might be an idea for some tutorials - setting up scripts specifically for use with Flash. That would be great ...

Unhappy

That's great, but like you said, Mad-Sci, we may have to tweak them. I dunno about anyone else, but what I know about PERL could easily be written on the back of a stamp! Do you know of any books or sites that explain in English how PERL works, how you can use it do get results, and how you "install" scripts on servers?

I for one would REALLY appreciate any help on this ... I've been looking at a lot of PERL books, but they may as well be written in Dutch. Don't get me wrong, I do understand a little about programming; it's just that what I do know usually gets swallowed up in the first chapter, and the rest, as I say, is like a foreign language.

Hello everyone why dont you try this one: http://www.codebits.com/p5be/ch02.cfm
    Look I know Perl but Im a bit lazy to write scripts from scratch. I prefer to take something ready to go and change something here and there. For example I just made a guestbook as the one on this site just using a script found on the net.IM testing it for bug and will release the code soon.
    Mad-Sci