A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Password Variable Concern

Senior Designer

Hello there, I'm having some difficulty ..well not difficulty but concern about my password input flash movie. Basically I've attached a pw (password) variable onto a text field and if the answer eq (equals) "show me the money" it takes you to scene number 105. My problem is though, I realised after making this movie you can simply move forward in frames by right mouse clicking and selecting 'forward' on the swf. And if anyone continued to do so they would eventually reach my private text without needing a password.
    Is there anyway around this? Is there anyway I can disable the forward button because this really elminates the purpose of having a password variable.

Oh, and also. How do you make input text reset? For example if I entered a password and it was wrong the text would be removed so you could enter again. Please help me out and if you have the time plz contact me on MSN connectionerr30@hotmail.com because i'm in need of a lot of assistance. Thanks.

Hi,

give this a try:
    2nd frame in scene: prevframe()
    start real scene at third frame
    I guess that they will not have fun with the forward button this way

You can disable the menu completely

anyone interested can read your swf in notepad and probably find the password in there

Musicman