A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Authentication problem - please help!

ok, this is a problem for the server geeks out there:

currently i've got an identical flash site set up on two apache servers (mirrors), each one being password-protected. the client is complaining about having to log in twice sometimes.

as near as i can figure, the load balancer is redirecting the request to the less trafficked server. is there a way to resolve this so that users will only get one log in prompt?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

adam

Hi,

how are you handling login?
    initial movie that continues playing or loads a different one when login is ok - generating a session key on login - something else?
    If it is some kind of session key, will the site logic allow to split the session across two machines?

Musicman

that's just it: i'm not doing the log-in through flash. it's apache prompting for password info.

Hi,

this is weird...
    Unless there is some scripting attached to the pw stuff,
    the user tries to open the site
    the server sends back an unauthorized response
    the browser prompts for password and sends it to server, along with the original request. Browser also remembers the site name and will keep sending the password to this site until closed.
    Now you say your users see just one site. and the stuff is in the same protected directory as well.
    Only If the site implements sessions, it would be possible that the server script sends another unauthorized to invite the user to login again if there is no session at all or the session has expired

Musicman