A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: animated buttons

Unhappy

situation: i have a series of animated buttons on the same layer (each a different MC). When the user does a rollover and rollout the buttons enlarge and deenlarge.

problem: when the rollover happens(enlarge) the other buttons can be seen on top of this button.

question: is there a script i can use that will bring this button or animation to the front by simply doing a rollover?

thank you for the help.

whether something is on top of something else has to do with "depth". You can not change the depth of a button, but you can change the depth of a movieclip. so you can put each button inside its own movieclip, then, on the button actions, in addition to whatever else you have, add:

swapDepths(100);

the 100 is just an example. basicly every object on the stage has a depth, starting at 0. higher numbers appear on top of lower numbers, so you want to give it a high enough number to be on top of everything else. don't worry about it being too high.

BINGO!! that did it!

i'perciate the hell outta the help.

again,

thanks.

wow, that's the second time someone said "BINGO!" to my answers this week. glad i could help!