A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: browser's back button and web trends

I'm writing a large flash site ( completely flash)... clean, neat and fast loading since the main swf will load only small movies at a time.... unfortunately my client wants the viewer to be able to use the the "back" button on the browser and have a web trends-like analysis of the site done.

My research shows that I could write a hit function for each separate movie that would update txt files and be similar to an anlysis file... but can I do it in ASP?

and how do I get around the "back" button issue without embedding hundreds of flash files on hundreds of html pages?

http://www.robertpenner.com/

This Robert Penner is one of the Gods of Flash that I was looking at the other day and he as an awesome back script that might be exactly what your looking for. Just look to the right of this site and its labeled back button. The rest of his stuff is really neat to.

wow! thanks! -- what about site analysis?

... have you seen a better flash-based site analysis done other than individual hit counters? something that measured time possibly like web trends? ... and can it be done in ASP?

honestly im working on that myself as we speak. I think it is going to have to be done in asp but, I really know there is a way to do it with flash. let me know anything you find out and i will get back with you on what i can figure out