A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash 5 player

Quick question over the Flash 5 player.
    So now not only is Flash 5 somewhat diffrent then 4, Viwers now have to download the Flash 5 player to view the site? This seems to be rather strange, I know that its for the best (XML and all) but up to now 91.8% of internet users already use the 4 plugin why start all over? Yes I am frustrated about this and I'm not pointing any fingers, I do blame myself for not reading about the features in flash 5 before i went out and bought it, but like many of Flash4 users "you just had to be the first to own it." (mistake)

anyone have any comments?

Don´t worry Relman,
    But if you have a file swf done by flash 5.0, is the same player that you can use to see that file, for example, in http://www.bmwusa.com/ you can see all the web done by flash 5.0, but at the moment the player it not available yet. All the features you can see with the player flash 4.0, are made with 5.0

By the way, have you the manuals for flash 5.0?

FernanII

I was'nt too clear on what you said FernanII,
    my frustration is because I did a site in F4, opened it up in F5 just fine.. went to view it on the browser it was still fine. Viewed it on another system that does not have the F5 player and it was all messed up. No I did not save my previous work in F4, so i kinda screwed up. But thats ok. This was not a test site I was doing this in, but a clients.

About the manuals I've ordered them the same time I purchased F5 online.. They're supposed to be here next week. I think.

You can set your SWFs to export as version 4 in the Publish Settings, so that the end user will not have to have the new player to view them. Did you try that?

Matt

Smile

That did it.. Thanks Matt, Good to know you can count on Flashkit for situations like these.