dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Color -- Flash vs HTML

Hello everyone -
    I'm having a hard time matching up colors for the bg of movies to match the bg of the html. Does anyone have a cure for this? Here's the raw color from photoshop that I'm trying to match #F2EBB9. I've had this problem before and don't know quite what to do. HELP. Thanks, wowwie

FK Jedi Pimp
    Hey,

In lfash on your control panel of colors, just enter the raw number.

L8

FK Jedi Pimp
    Hey,

When you choose your color, just type in the raws number!

L8

also if u're editing the movie background from the properties, to have a color available which is not oneof flash's default, first go to the color mixer panel and get the color u want. then clic on the little arrow up on the right of the panel and clic "add swatch". then this color will be available as background color in the movie properties.
    i thought this could be something that also bothered u. just in case...

transparent swf

you can make your flash movie transparent(like a gif)

all you have to do is add in another paramater called wmode and set the value to transparent, it's pretty cool actually.

you can see an example of it here http://www.studiowhiz.com/_tutorials...t/posertut.php
    my transparent flash movie is at the botton, it is a girl walking. (go ahead and look at the html if you like, the tag for the wmode param looks like <param name=wmode value=transparent>)

hope this helps

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Sometimes, if I'm trying to match the web page up with my flash movie, I'll resize my flash workspace window so it's smaller, and I'll get the eyedrop tool and scroll it over the webpage so I can get the exact color name.