A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Links

Hello
    I wonder how I can link different lines of text within the same movie to different URLs. It seems that the area of the entire movie will point to only one URL. Do I have to use buttons and, if so, can I have several buttons with different targets in one movie?
    Thanks in advance

Hi!
    The Picture Button is one of the ways that allow to aim towards any direction, using an Action in anyone of the options (Button Down, But-Up etc... The important thing I belive is to consider the Links Absolute or Relative.

Another Way can be, To use Edit box, complemented with an action, example if anyone enters a word and it compares it with one predetermined, Example.
    If " GOTOURL" = "GOTOURL " THEN
    OPEN URL (Action Open Url)
    ELSE URL FAILURE
    END

I hope for this help you in something
    Joseph.

linking

Originally posted by kiron
    Hello
    I wonder how I can link different lines of text within the same movie to different URLs. It seems that the area of the entire movie will point to only one URL. Do I have to use buttons and, if so, can I have several buttons with different targets in one movie?
    Thanks in advance
    Use buttons. Each button has it's own properties for a link, look down at the bottom of the properties and add the action to the mouse up. If you want you can use standard text elements and place invisible buttons over them or just add seperate text to your buttons.

Experiment

Bret