dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The Client that WOULD NOT DIE!!!

Aughhh! THis project just will NOT GO AWAY!

I created a player file for a client, who in turn has distributed copies to their prospective clients as a leave-behind sales tool. They are receiving sporadic calls from some clients who claim that the file is crashing (at apparently random location on the timeline).

I cannot get MY client to probe THEIR clients as to the tech specs of their individual computers, so I am at a loss to find a cohesive thread to trace here. If ANYBODY has a suggestion for how to solve this problem I am eager to hear it.

We have tried running it here in the office on multiple platforms and laptops and can't get it to fail. I need to tell my client something, as she is catching it by her superiors and obviously has no answers.

HELP HELP HELP!
    BAV

What error messages are you getting ?

If they want you to fix the problem then you will there help.

Ask what OS they are using ?

These clients of MY CLIENT are not so much getting error messages, but the file is crashing out or stopping altogether. One client claims that it ran on an older laptop, but not a newer one. I have re-contacted MY CLIENT and asked her to find out if I can contact these clients myself to get tech specs, but so far no luck. I don't even know the OS. It's like trying to work blind. Have you ever heard of this problem? Am I wrong to assume that because it is an EXE file, once it is running it should continue to run? There are no external calls to anything, it is all completely self-contained in the file. Although it is designed to run automatically from beginning to end, there is user-navigability to move freely through the presentation at will as well. There is also a looping audio track underneath separate Voice Tracks for each "scene"

Still Searching for the answers... (aren't we ALL?)

BAV