A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 2 questions/How to's??

1st question: Does anyone know if geocities supports CGI scripts? and if so...what i need to get (and what to do with it once I get it)to have a form for my site to work. If not....where can I go to publish my site to test my form out?

2nd question: Can anyone step-by-step me (very much needed baby talk)on how to call on a movie clip from your library when clicking on a button in your main stage/timeline. I would like to know both ways actually...calling on an external .swf AND how to call on a movie clip that in in your library! Thanks -whispers-

Flashmaster/Web Design Stud
    I am not sure about Geocities, but I would reccomend what I recently did - apply for a new website with Flashmaster.ru

They give you everything you need, plus some. They even have Generator resources available for you - a very expensive option. This place has no pop-ups or anything, you have email and fast load times, along with a generous ammount of space. It makes Geocities and the like look like a joke. They even give you a great url. Mine (under construction at the moment) is sleepinducer.flashmaster.ru or http://www.sleepinducer.flashmaster.ru. All free.

For your second question(s) read up on the "loadmovie" command for loading external movies. It is very easy, you can attach it to a frame action or button click, whatever you like. Just make sure to load the movie into "level 1", "level 0" is your main Flash movie. You can stack the levels as high as you want. Keep in mind that if you load a movie into the same level as another movie, it will wipe out the first one. Movie clips work similar, they are just not external. That should get you started, the rest is just experimenation and effort.

Hope that helps you out.