A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Announcing new adventure!

Smile

Thank you for reading my post! The purpose of this post is to announce a new game that I am programming. It doesn't have a name yet, but it does have a pretty involving story. Actually, I have written a general story trilogy that I want to bring to life as i go along. The game is going to be somewhat like (not a copy of) the original Zelda. Here is the very first (and very basic) version of the engine. Be warned, it runs MUCH better off of your computer than it does in IE. It's actually meant to be run in full screen 800x600 resolution. Check it out here:

http://www.geocities.com/phantom_mulletia/game.swf

I like what i have so far. . . it actually took a few days because I am new to the flash language. I'm not new to programming, however, and all languages are pretty much the same, you just have to learn the new syntax! Here's the problem. The picture of the knight i stole from a tileset. . . the rest of the art is lame! I am not very much of an artist. . . I'm too left-brained. What I am looking for with this post are some right-brained folk who like to draw! I will obviously need a lot of movie clips for characters and monsters. Even if you are not super-artistic and wish to help, you could draw background tiles and whatnot. Even MY lame art almost looked. . . ok haha. I'll also need real movies for um. . . ya know. . . movies. All comments/suggestions are welcome, and if you would like to help out, you can email me at ryanbuppsays@cs.com or message me on aol at ryan p bupp.

Oh yea, one more thing. . . the game is going to be totally free. However, if we actually make something good and it is free, it might be very popular around the internet. And if we make something great, well. . . even better!

Thanks!

oh, forgot to say. . . you might have to copy the above link and paste it in your browser for it to work. that sounds stupid, but it won't work when i click on it! hehe.

that link is not working

here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/phantom_mulletia/game.swf

copy and paste it, hehe.