A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: animorphium pro vs. swift 3D

Can anyone tell me which they think is better? They seem around the same price, and both export to swf, but animorphium pro looks a little stronger, and seems to have more modelling power.

FlashKit Joker
    Originally posted by petesky
    Can anyone tell me which they think is better? They seem around the same price, and both export to swf, but animorphium pro looks a little stronger, and seems to have more modelling power.
    Agreed, I think Amorphium Pro is better.

wow, these are really two 3d apps with different approaches.

amorphium pro really is about modelling, it has an intuitive 'plastercine' interface, where you punch and pull at the model as if it was clay and then use tools to affect what you did....

swift 3d is more of a 3d frame animation app... you can use it to create simple shapes or text but most people use it with imported images that are then animated.

i haven't used swift 3d v2 but i hear it's much improved.

if you're going to be creating models that are quite organic get amorphium pro, if not swift 3d is probably better suited to the kind of 3d animation that web designers get involved with, spining logos all that stuff

you can get a demo of amorphium pro but not swift 3d.. try posting this question in the 3d forum

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

moving to 3D forum.