A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: - - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - - THE ANSWERS - -

common question:
    • How do I put text under my Flash footer? It always appears next to it!!

the answer:
    [list][*]after your flash footer source code (after the [/swf] tag)put a [*b] and then a [*/b] (without the *'s). Then press enter...your text will appear under your footer. No need to put a period after the source. Hope this helps!

Peace.

FK Official Postman
    Originally posted by phallex
    DOING A SITE CHECK DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SPEAKERS OR MONITOR SIZE.
    Actually it does. If he says that the sound is kind of grainy, then the site's owner knows that the files are griny...not the speakers. If he says that the site is too big in pixel size, the site owner knows that to mkae it accessible for people with 15" monitors.

Rollovers don't work...it can;t be the mouse...

Lots of things have their reasons...you just need to think for a second...

heh, i'd forgotten about this thread

Señor member
    Originally posted by darque9
    heh, i'd forgotten about this thread
    It's taken a well deserved rest but I guess there are a lot of help posts in the lounge so well done hockyfan for bumping it

Originally posted by jamble7000
    It's taken a well deserved rest but I guess there are a lot of help posts in the lounge so well done hockyfan for bumping it

anytime Jamble...hehe...it was getting tired from so many people looking at it Hope people start posting in it again...and people start looking at it. If i see one more "this is just a test" thread in the coffee lounge..........

this is a test <grin> Hey, I'm curious, how much does the avg. freelancers charge for web design? Do you charge differently for Flash?

-d9

don't test me!! (corny joke...haha, lol)Umm..anyway, I do do web design for other people, but i know this much: Prices can get very high depending on the site; and Flash generally costs more than HTML.

Peace.

Yea, I've been trying to make it freelancing even though I'm not that good. I was hoping if I charge less than anyone, I can get the volume (and maybe develop my skill a bit) so I could eventaully charge something reasonable... Oh well, thanks for the reply

what u got to remember is then when u start out u lack experience in the 'business world' and a lot of 'business men' will try to screw u over and then turn around and say your inexperienced so ill pay u the least i can get away with. look at it like this, the first site u do u have to be a little cheap, if u get regular jobs increase slightly each time, remember these guys are getting something so much cheaper by going to you then to a web company, so if they dont want to fork out the cash then screw them, they got to pay for quality, cause if u pay peanuts, u get monkeys.

Señor member
    Originally posted by phaty
    what u got to remember is then when u start out u lack experience in the 'business world' and a lot of 'business men' will try to screw u over and then turn around and say your inexperienced so ill pay u the least i can get away with. look at it like this, the first site u do u have to be a little cheap, if u get regular jobs increase slightly each time, remember these guys are getting something so much cheaper by going to you then to a web company, so if they dont want to fork out the cash then screw them, they got to pay for quality, cause if u pay peanuts, u get monkeys.

Never sell yourself short just to get experience. People will assume you're cheap because you're not very good rather than inexperienced!

Stick to your guns, check out freelance sites such as http://www.bullhorn.com : http://www.elance.com : http://www.freelanceinformer.com : http://www.webprosnow.com for prices and ideas for costings etc and what people are willing to pay.

Make sure you get a signed or binding contract, I've lost count of the number of people who I've seen getting stiffed by bastard clients because they didn't have a contract in place and no reallistic way to chase the money they were owed.

If you want a generic contract, Email me and I'll happily send you one Also...remind me to upload one to this thread for download

hey james please post up a link for a contract of sorts,

or mail me at

me@phaty.co.uk

Jamble....i've been keeping this thread on top...i just make a post, then i delete it, it seems to be working

Señor member
    HERE IS A COPY OF A CONTRACT

Check out this contract (It'll open in word format, just save it from there (or right click-save target as))

It's a copy of the contract we use with our name removed so all you need to do is go through and replace with your name - Just run the find and replace in Word to replace "YOUR COMPANY" with your name or company name.

***** Please be aware that I am in the UK and the contract is written in accordance with UK law so you may want
    to check some of the small print if you're outside the UK *****

***DOWNLOAD A GENERIC CONTRACT HERE***

(Hockyfan, thanks for the efforts, hopefully this thread is helping someone )
    [Edited by jamble7000 on 11-23-2001 at 07:31 PM]

WHOA!! a lot of people looked at this, this thread is WAY 2 long. I recommend splitting it into clusters or whateve, but egh... just my opinion. I no u don't understand.

Señor member
    Originally posted by MXAlPhA
    WHOA!! a lot of people looked at this, this thread is WAY 2 long. I recommend splitting it into clusters or whateve, but egh... just my opinion. I no u don't understand.
    unfortunately, people have also used the thread to chat in so there is a lot of information to sift through

I have Emailed Trav about the possiblity of pinning this topic and deleting the posts that do not contain useful information (no offense to those who haven't posted a link/source/help item) but that was about 2 weeks ago and Trav never got back to me so I guess you'll just have to look though it.

There's some great info in here and some members have contributed good source files for the more common queries but without any sort of help from the admin, it's not going to be as successful as we'd hoped.

Thanks.

Originally posted by jamble7000
    3. Who has the most posts?

There is a simle answer to this, it's the enigma! (unless you count Jezza's bugboy admin account )
    [/B]
    Rock on man

Cheers fdor this - will bost it back for the new members

Bumpety-Bump-Bump

9th Grade WC
    bump

if this hasn't been said yet
    people posting questions
    please put the your question in the subject
    line it is much better for helpers

and also just in case you guys
    didn't know