dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do you make swish .swf s to be import friendly to flash 5??

How do you make swish .swf s to be import friendly to flash 5??

UNified
    Hi Finalhit..
    go to this thread and then just follow the links...it should help.
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=217470

Hi Jofta :P

thankx, though that's quit a hunt you sent me there....hehe..

well, it seems to me, that the reason for this is that importing the swish stuff, causes the sprites to hide under a mask...

so i usually manually do this but gets boring at times..

i'm assuming this is a security feature that swish programmers made, and forgot to make it optional..

i dunno,

well, thankx again

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by finalhit
    i'm assuming this is a security feature that swish programmers made, and forgot to make it optional..
    Nope .. its a Flash bug.

SWiSH has long had an option that stops animating objects that move off-stage (to save on filesize and improve playback performance) .. however the side-effect of this is (if you get to see off-stage objects) the offstage objects "stick".

In a recent V2 we also made this option also generate a mask for the whole movie, so that you can't see off-stage objects.

The problem is that Flash has a bug in its importing that stuffs up your Flash movie when that mask is there.

Anyway, to get around this, the latest verion has separate options for not animating off-stage objects and masking off-stage objects. Leave the latter OFF if you want to import into Flash.

However, if you have any masked sprites in SWiSH, then the same Flash bug will probably bite you.

Also note that Flash has lots of limitations when it comes to importing SWF files (eg. it won't import sprites=movie-clips correctly). see http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ts/tn4109.html

Also there is another option on the Export panel (for allowing text import) .. if you turn this off, the SWF is still valid and playable, but Flash will crash if you try to import it (another Flash bug) .. so leave that option turned ON.

Of course, you can use these Flash bugs to your advantage .. turn on the masking and turn of the allow text import so that people cannot import your SWF into Flash !!