A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: admin page and pulling images into flash

admin page and pulling images into flash

I am looking for a solution, i want to have an admin page that people can uplaod images onto the FTP and then for flash to grab them and show them in the album...

Any idea's
    files i can steal?
    borrow,
    tips
    anything?

Hi,

if you want to use ftp (so there is just a real admin, no registered visitors to manage), go for it...
    And have a server script that returns a list of all files in the images folder to your movie

If you want to do something fancy (or have to deal with "admins" that should not know the site password): all flash uploads are actually html form uploads - flash can neither browse the harddrive nor send a file. Therefore all approaches just differ in the way they integrate the ugly browse button into the design (or hide it), and they also differ in the way additional information (say an image caption) is passed along.
    Here is one example upload http://wolfgang.remsnet.de/gallery/admin.php (user image, pass upload) that is built to run with any browser [In case you are using safari browser, just hit the update button when the html popup tells you to do so] and uses backend techniques to associate the image with the description you might enter

Musicman