A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preview and Export do not match

I had downloaded the demo version of the animator just to take a look at it and created the effect I wanted in very little time. Great! or so I thought. Not sure why this is happening but here goes. I created a cube, then created a bitmap of the letter p and placed it on one side of the cube. Then I rotate the cube 360 degrees in all directions, looks great. I click the "play" button and the effect I want is shown. When I click 'preview' to see the effect in internet explorer, the rotating cube shows up, but no letter 'p' is shown.

Is this a function of the 'unregistered' version that will resolve itself when I register or is this a bug? Anyone with insight?

Ray

export

Originally posted by rbelisle

Is this a function of the 'unregistered' version that will resolve itself when I register or is this a bug? Anyone with insight?
    Ray
    I've found that Since 3dfa allows you to do things that macromedia didn't envision sometimes things don't export right. Thats why it's important to check things in the browser. If you send me the movie file I'll take a look and see if I can figure anything out.

I haver the same problem...

All my movies have another look in Internet Explorer!!!
    The fonts in IE are always thinner as in the prewiev. This is a big problem...F*CK im frustrated...

PLEASE HELP...

ps: i'm a registered user of your great tool

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar

similar prob...

I have a similar problem:

I have set up a button to show a text event (an icq number in text) and play a sound when moused ever. Both work well in preview, but the "show text" doesn't occur in the IE browser. Any clues? I'd be happy to send the file to anyone willing to look at it, with my sincere thanks.

Re: similar prob...

Originally posted by SSC Cosmic
    I have a similar problem:

I have set up a button to show a text event (an icq number in text) and play a sound when moused ever. Both work well in preview, but the "show text" doesn't occur in the IE browser. Any clues? I'd be happy to send the file to anyone willing to look at it, with my sincere thanks.
    I seem to remember having a problem like this. If your using a "text Box" rather than a "text Element" put it on a layer and hide/show/animate the layer.
    Text(edit) boxes don't like to be moved or animated.

Since I'm a Flash newb, some early stumbling blocks seem to be getting in the way of getting to the root of the problem.

For one, though A_non was good enough to take a look at my movie via email, I'm not sure which files need to be sent along. This may be why it didn't open for you. I'll nose around for some posts on the topic, under "newbs" .

Here's what I've done so far:

I made a text element called "icq number" (this is for a gaming community ezboards sig). I made a picture button element titled "icq". I set an event to make the button visible at a specific time & remain visible. I added the element "show icq number" to the button's mouse-over action. I added a "hide icq number" action to mouse-leave. I also added "play sound" as a mouse-over action. I did a similar set-up with a button to link to our gaming website.

In preview mode, when moused over, both buttons display the text above the button, and the sounds play. The web link also works perfectly. But in the browser, only the sounds play, and the weblink works.

I've rebuilt both buttons and all accompanying elements from scratch, no change. I removed one of the text elements and rebuilt it on a layer, identical result. I upgraded my browser to IE 6.0 and replaced the Flash player twice, no change.

Question: can I view the source of a Flash movie found anywhere? This would be handy. A_non, I couldn't get your movie you sent me to play, probably because of my file-location ignorance mentioned above, so I couldn't look at it.

I haven't quite figured out how to make a child movie, so I'm off to figure that one out now.

Any tips are greatly appreciated, and thanks much for your reading stamina!

=SSC=Cosmic

send it

send me the movie file I'll have a look.
    What you describe should work.

More buttom an list of Actions

Since I'm a Flash newb, some early stumbling blocks seem to be getting in the way of getting to the root of the problem.......
    =SSC=Cosmic
    Hello my virtuals Friends

Im been pending of all his post.

Ive been working hard with list of actions and buttons.

Please to check this movie in http://www.blender.island.3dup.net/IFA/goto_url-02.html
    Pleas enter the password within top edit box. the bottom edit box is only for to change variables.
    Handles list of actions, sounds, goto URl,edit box, picture button and actions mouse over. show and hide buttons.

SSC COSMIC if you consider that this example can serve to him or for anyone of the community, then I'll prepare the Download, single finishes until last night.

When working this file I received a message of error of FLASH PLAYER.

A script in this movie is causing flash player to run slowly if continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script. (yes/no)
    Obvious yes.
    This was because it had the lists of actions with the option run X times per second. (all the three) this confirms to me what I said previously to Bret Lanius in other Post.

That the lists of actions remain in an infinite loop in browser, reason by which it deactivates them, and I redesigned the movie.

Good, this is the only explanation that I have, based on the message that I received.
    The design this based on BUTTON DOWN - > CALL ACTIONS

The passwords are: url#1 = INSANE, url#2=AOKI, URL#3=JOSEPH.
    The directions are of insane and my two sites. both under construction.

Please to check this other http://www.blender.island.3dup.net/IFA/menu.html
    Example of Mouse over and Child Movie. If in something it can serve to them, tonight, I place them to its disposition for download or email.
    Im very happy to share intellectual moments with You.

BRET LANIUS You are an excellent person and their concepts are very interesting Thanks!!
    Well I continue working with my IFA, Remarks, suggestions all are welcome

The esteem much.

Joseph.
    [Edited by MrJoseph on 10-31-2001 at 10:10 AM]

I've got the movie hosted here.
    Any ideas why the buttons don't work, as described above?
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

p.s.; I would have just shown it as a signature here, but I don't know how to display a Flash sig. The regular image tags don't work, what's the trick?

I've got the movie hosted here.
    Any ideas why the buttons don't work, as described above?
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

p.s.; I would have just shown it as a signature here, but I don't know how to display a Flash sig. The regular image tags don't work, what's the trick?
    They dissapear as soon as I mouse over them.
    is the movie looping? if so stop it. Use a stop "ACTION"

As for the sigs look at the top right of this screen you'll see a small link that reads adding flash footers.

Note they have to be <=15k

Oh and I keep coming by your tribes server and there is never anyone there..

Bret
    AKA Kroy

The movie is made to stop and never replay without refreshing the page. But when you mouse over the buttons, they restart the movie, how strange! This never happens in "Preview", only in the browser. They don't perform the actions (other than the sounds) that they are supposed to.

For the Tribes server, unfortunately the community is shrinking, so you usually find maybe 3 or 4 games of Renegades going on at a time. By the way, help yourself to admin, I emailed the password didn't I? If not, let me know. It's handy to have if you want to practice your team on it.