A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Some definitions

Smile

Hello!
    I just registred 3DFK.. It is a powerfull tool... It reminds me of my Linux-days. Powerfull!

I'm a new-comer to 3Dflash. I have never made any thing in flash before... So there are some things I don't understand:
    If I want to make a complete website in 3DFK. How do I do that? Do I embed it all in a main "movie" or "timeline"? Or WHAT? I can't find any docs or howtos, so?

sites

That's a big question. While you certainly can build entire websites with Flash, at this time it's not an easy thing to do in 3dfa until the LoadMoive Action script is added. I'd suggest you look at some of the sites featured here on Flashkit.com and see what's being done. You can build a site that just goes to Child movies within you movie, but you site may take some time to load, or you could build several movies and just link to them via HTML.

Smile Lots of Questions and Answers

Hi!

They are many questions in single post, but We go by parts.
    Q:Im new-comer to 3Dflash.
    RE:You are Welcome!
    Q:I have to never made any thing in flash before
    RE:Please Check Samples in top menu, this will give to you some idea.
    Q:So there are some things I don't understand:
    RE: Q:Wich are the things that do not understand? describe it

Q:If I want to make to completes website in 3DFK. How do I do that?
    RE:Well, I am not expert, but, I think that 3DFA, is not a publisher of Web Pages, like Front Page, Actual Drawing, etc. is something like a Big tool that allows to create animations/movies for Web Pages, Obvious, handles a HTML structure that is totally transparent to the user since its interface is totally graphical and allows the accomplishment of many effects, that programming them, would take long time.
    Im based by the extension of its own files. *.movie, *.animation. *.swf. in a general sense could say that what allows 3DFA to do it is to add to external video or internal video to pages (created with a publisher), when this is loaded by the user in the browser download or opens the suitable auxiliary program (plug-in), in this case, * SWF or rather its movie.

Therefore to create a complete WebSite, it will have to use a publisher to make its pages, to distribute them, to organize them etc. and to create through a container HTML links to 3DFA (HTML -- >>SWF), or from 3DFA to link them to its pages. (3DFA(swf)--->>Pages Html)
    As an aspect to consider, IFA does not allow to make frameset, Tables etc., to not being, that you type in code HTML directly, and within this makes respective links. But allows to you to make roll over Buttons, embed images, obtain effects etc, etc.. without to write in HTML code It it is to say movies.

Qo I embed it all in a main " movie " or " timeline "? Or What?
    RE:Serious wonderful, but it is necessary to check the time of unloading in the browser. the best thing than I have learned of this community is to make movies individual, for certain tasks, and with certain dimension 320x240,480x60, 240x120, 300x40, 600x200. etc. and with frames/seg adapted. Handle small parts, since the sum of the parts is equal to the whole.

For example it makes a movie to create an rollover effect, to create a banner, to make the presentation of a series of images syncronized with sound, to create a game etc.
    small parts that can link them to form a great Website.

Q:Howtos Is can't find any docs or, under?

Inside this community are very gentile people with whom I have contacted, they have helped me much, I also a newbie in IFA.
    Zoranvedek has made examples, bret-lanius, a_non_amous, RobStewart (moderator). tries to contact them, Im finishing to others examples.

Good I not the availability of time of them. to it I say in sense of gratefulness but without no commitment.

Good Luck!!
    Joseph

other bloat offenders

Originally posted by a_non_amous
    Effects that add size - worst offenders first.
    3D effects
    Graphics
    morphing
    Text Effects
    Frames per second.

Hope this helps....

Regards,
    a_non_amous.
    Don't forget Shadows, I've found they add a surpising amount to a file size.

Here are some examples, you will be able to download the movie file to see how they are put together.............

----> http://www.geocities.com/into3dfa

I'll be making an update sometime next week, and have at least 2 new examples coming. If anyone has anything to submit please do so(I need some action examples if anyone has or would like to make any)..............

Bret's right about the shadows, they eat up alot more than you would think, they're the first thing I remove when a file starts getting too large.

-Jason

Lightbulb Re: sites

You mention something about LoadMovie Action Script... are there something to know here? Is it a way to load movies without embedding them into the main Flash-movie?

Originally posted by blanius
    That's a big question. While you certainly can build entire websites with Flash, at this time it's not an easy thing to do in 3dfa until the LoadMoive Action script is added. I'd suggest you look at some of the sites featured here on Flashkit.com and see what's being done. You can build a site that just goes to Child movies within you movie, but you site may take some time to load, or you could build several movies and just link to them via HTML.

Lightbulb I saw your...

I saw your site... Your consept seems to be easy to administrate. Only why not use flash in the sub-windows also. I visited the link to geocities. There are a lot of good stuff there... Thanks!
    Originally posted by zoranvedek
    Here are some examples, you will be able to download the movie file to see how they are put together.............

----> http://www.geocities.com/into3dfa

I'll be making an update sometime next week, and have at least 2 new examples coming. If anyone has anything to submit please do so(I need some action examples if anyone has or would like to make any)..............

Bret's right about the shadows, they eat up alot more than you would think, they're the first thing I remove when a file starts getting too large.

-Jason

Lightbulb Thanks

Thanks - everything helps!
    Still I miss some HOWTO that explains the anatomy of 3D Flash Animator and how to put its ways to best use.
    Originally posted by a_non_amous
    Hi,

I suggest ypu start small and work your way up....

Steps.....
    1. Play with graphics and text effects.
    2. Play with buttons and link to external html pages.
    3. create a simple menu system.

Things to be aware of.....
    1. Size --- no-one likes a website that loads slowly.

Effects that add size - worst offenders first.
    3D effects
    Graphics
    morphing
    Text Effects
    Frames per second.

Hope this helps....

Regards,
    a_non_amous.

Smile Re: Lots of Questions and Answers

THANKS from DENMARK!
    It helps to get some things cleared up! I can see, that i used Flash as I use DHTML. I did not get the idear of film and frames in the first place.... Now I'm cooking.
    Originally posted by MrJoseph
    Hi!

They are many questions in single post, but We go by parts.
    Q:Im new-comer to 3Dflash.
    RE:You are Welcome!
    Q:I have to never made any thing in flash before
    RE:Please Check Samples in top menu, this will give to you some idea.
    Q:So there are some things I don't understand:
    RE: Q:Wich are the things that do not understand? describe it

Q:If I want to make to completes website in 3DFK. How do I do that?
    RE:Well, I am not expert, but, I think that 3DFA, is not a publisher of Web Pages, like Front Page, Actual Drawing, etc. is something like a Big tool that allows to create animations/movies for Web Pages, Obvious, handles a HTML structure that is totally transparent to the user since its interface is totally graphical and allows the accomplishment of many effects, that programming them, would take long time.
    Im based by the extension of its own files. *.movie, *.animation. *.swf. in a general sense could say that what allows 3DFA to do it is to add to external video or internal video to pages (created with a publisher), when this is loaded by the user in the browser download or opens the suitable auxiliary program (plug-in), in this case, * SWF or rather its movie.

Therefore to create a complete WebSite, it will have to use a publisher to make its pages, to distribute them, to organize them etc. and to create through a container HTML links to 3DFA (HTML -- >>SWF), or from 3DFA to link them to its pages. (3DFA(swf)--->>Pages Html)
    As an aspect to consider, IFA does not allow to make frameset, Tables etc., to not being, that you type in code HTML directly, and within this makes respective links. But allows to you to make roll over Buttons, embed images, obtain effects etc, etc.. without to write in HTML code It it is to say movies.

Qo I embed it all in a main " movie " or " timeline "? Or What?
    RE:Serious wonderful, but it is necessary to check the time of unloading in the browser. the best thing than I have learned of this community is to make movies individual, for certain tasks, and with certain dimension 320x240,480x60, 240x120, 300x40, 600x200. etc. and with frames/seg adapted. Handle small parts, since the sum of the parts is equal to the whole.

For example it makes a movie to create an rollover effect, to create a banner, to make the presentation of a series of images syncronized with sound, to create a game etc.
    small parts that can link them to form a great Website.

Q:Howtos Is can't find any docs or, under?

Inside this community are very gentile people with whom I have contacted, they have helped me much, I also a newbie in IFA.
    Zoranvedek has made examples, bret-lanius, a_non_amous, RobStewart (moderator). tries to contact them, Im finishing to others examples.

Good I not the availability of time of them. to it I say in sense of gratefulness but without no commitment.

Good Luck!!
    Joseph

Re: I saw your...

Originally posted by lpm
    [B]I saw your site... Your consept seems to be easy to administrate. Only why not use flash in the sub-windows also. I visited the link to geocities. There are a lot of good stuff there... Thanks!

It's just simpler to add new examples without having to re-write the entire site itself, though with the upcoming load/unload movie action that might change. Another reason is that it loads much faster, instead of having one large file that takes 1 or 2 minutes to load, you have a number of small examples that each load in a very timely manner.

-Jason