A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D Flash Animator & Flash 5

Is there a way to import a movie which is made with 3D Flash Animator into Macromedia Flash 5?
    How to save a movie, so you can use it in Flash 5?

You can only import SWF files into Flash 5. There are some compatibility problems. The latest version has some options for increasing the compatibility, and these will improve in future versions.

But Flash 5 does not allow importing of action scripting, so some of 3DFA's best features cannot be imported into Flash 5.

But text effects, buttons, 3D, and other things can be imported into Flash 5.

Rob, any tips for going about it the other way? I have some images I have created in flash 5, but when saved as a .swf and imported into 3DFA the gradients are all muddled.

-Jason

SWF importing will be improved very soon.

The "Load Movie" action will be included in the next release.

We are a bit flat out adding some other hot new features at the moment - we now have a HTML 3.0 text element, a menu building wizard, and by the next release, we hope to have checkboxes and radio buttons finished. Not to mention our Javascripting is almost ready.

Expect a new release v3.2 next week. 3DFA is rapidly improving - and we will keep giving you the features you ask for. Stay tuned.

I don't think it's really so simple to import text effects or 3D into Flash 5. I tried it several times and the result is always frustrating: there are missing letters, false shadows, false 3D effects.
    I hope this will be better soon...
    I have version 3.1 and I haven't seen the menu wizzard yet. Were is it?

import

Originally posted by kiron
    I don't think it's really so simple to import text effects or 3D into Flash 5. I tried it several times and the result is always frustrating: there are missing letters, false shadows, false 3D effects.
    I hope this will be better soon...
    I have version 3.1 and I haven't seen the menu wizzard yet. Were is it?
    I do this often, to make MOV's of my animations.
    Make sure you have ADVANCED interface on in text properties, there is a check box for Flash 5 Compatiblity.

Works for me.
    Rob said Menu Wizard is in 3.2 version not out yet.

Originally posted by mattie00
    Is there a way to import a movie which is made with 3D Flash Animator into Macromedia Flash 5?
    How to save a movie, so you can use it in Flash 5?
    If you need to import the action scripts into flash 4,5 hop on over to http://www.buraks.com/asv
    This is an action script viewer and allows you to browse and EXTRACT the scripts from ANY flash SWF.....even protected ones.....damn....nothing is sacred anymore...oh well
    Hope it helps alot of people,cheers.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RobStewart
    [B]You can only import SWF files into Flash 5. There are some compatibility problems. The latest version has some options for increasing the compatibility, and these will improve in future versions.

But Flash 5 does not allow importing of action scripting, so some of 3DFA's best features cannot be imported into Flash 5.

But text effects, buttons, 3D, and other things can be imported into Flash 5.

(IS IT THE SAME THE OTHER WAY ROUND THAT SOME STUFF FROM FLASH 5 CANOT BE IMPROTED INTO 3DFA?)