dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Photography Gallery

I didn't see anyone asking about this anywhere, but is there a way to improve jpeg image quality in flash. I use a slide scanner/photoshop to size and correct images. The quality is outstanding, but when I import them into a flash movie they get altered and don't look as crisp. Is there some way to prevent this?

Well...when you are creating your .swf file, you have the option to change the jpeg quality. By default, it's usually at 50% I think. Bump it up as high as you need to. Just reallize that it make the file size bigger.

I noticed a slight rough pixelated look in my graphic for this site. What I did to make it look smoother was change it to a graphic(insert > convert to symbol > graphic), then go to instance > effects > advanced and change one of the RGB values in the right column to 1 or 2. It made the image a lot smoother and didn't really alter the color that much. Don't know why...but it worked.

Try those out and see if it makes the picture look better.

- Matt

imported jpg in flash

I am considerably new to flash. You might be knowing this but I would like to tell you anyway.

After you saved a file, go to edit >preferences >clipboard. Set resoultion to 300 and quality best and then import the file. It improves the importing quality.