dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: nu japanesse style graphics

does anyone know of any sites that have such images. kinda like designers republic/wipeout type stuff. dont know where any examples are so you understand what i mean, so i hope this description is good enough. Thanx!

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Would like to help - but dont know what you mean..

Im after more stuff like this, than anime:

http://www.kleber.net/wipeout3/teams...mages/logo.swf

http://www.kleber.net/wipeout3/teams/agsystems/

These are a bit more technical than i want. Im after more cartoony style graphics. Anybody know companies/sites that have this? Thanx

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Ahh man, thats not japanese..
    Thats more Euro / American.

You want images of planes, do you?

flutlichtjunky

Just would like to point out that the two links you gave seem a bit more Swiss in nature than Japanese. Eyenovation mentioned Euro-which these seem more like, quite Scandinavian in nature. I wish I could explain a little better, I have a number of links and excerpts from books, but I'm in a bit of a hurry.

The two links you gave rock, I've not seen them before. The order and arrangment of the shapes as well as the colors really scream Swiss/Scandanavian to me.

But I think there's a good point coming up here: There's almost a new style that's come about that's a combination of different regional styles around the world. Asian art and such, like you're looking for, probably takes ideas from other places in the world, as do other places probably take ideas from Asian styles. I think the key thing here is that there are many new styles emerging that are a combination of different longer running styles.

The Internet really fuels that, becuase it's so incredibly easy to seek out and learn about design and work being done by people from around the world.

Good luck with your search,

mg33

Thanx people. Its both good and disheartening finding cool work. Ill post a pix like i mean if and when i find them! thanx people

I can't help you on any links to the type of graphics your after but thought that dr's own website would be a good place to start but how wrong could I be.
    Personally I was rather dissapointed with their site considering i've loved and admired their work for many years what did you lot out there think?

Mixter out