dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Detect flash plugin for projector file on CD-ROM?

Hi,

I have a basic but important question about publishing a Flash projector file on CD-ROM. When using Flash in a browser there are several ways to detect if the user has the Flash plugin but how to do this properly with a projector file on a CD-ROM?

I have the projector file start automatically when the CD-ROM is inserted but I wonder what will happen when the user doesn’t have the Flash plugin and how can I make a message popup saying that the user doesn’t have the flash plugin and that he will be able to install it straight from the CD-ROM by clicking a button?

Thanks,

Raoul

The Flash projector is the Flash Player- Users won't have to install anything. In fact that used to be the main purpose of projector files, however as the player distribution increases (Flash 5 is the only non MS browser plug-in that is shipping with XP) I can see MM phasing out projectors files altogether, as its applications nowdays hurts Director sales.

Ok, so the .exe will always play whether the user has the Flash plugin or not!

That makes things easier!

Thanks Johnie,

Remember if you use SWF Studio with your projector files then you WILL need to have the flash plugin installed.

However, they give you an option to pack the flash plugin into the their end file it produces. Which in turn increases the file size.

*********** Jugglor works with the projector file and doesn't require ANY flash plugin.