A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need more help on SWISh MENU.........

Ok....I have asked for alot of help here lately...lol Here is another one. I am tring to design a menu in swish...
    the menu is pretty basic. It is text based so when the cursor is rolled onto each large word the word blurs and then smaller text fades onto screen& appears under the particular word. I can do that, BUT when I put more than one word on the screen and seperate the effects on the timeline and actionscripting, when i rollover one of the words, it makes all of the smaller text appear for all the words....i have checked and double checked the actions and everything is in order....PLEASE HELP A BROTHER OUT...)
    Thanks

Im feeling generous

post the swi and I'll fix it for ya. ~Jer~

Jer~~~~

How do I post the .swi to you.?

To post swi

You simply do as you would if you were posting any url. First, you upload the swi file to your server then type the url here. We will then be able to click it and view the source within our swish programs and then help you.
    In swish you can virtually do almost any action in numerous ways so when I read someones discription of their problem it is almost impossible to understand completly what they have done wrong without viewing the swi file. Hope you can upload it and post below. ~Jer~

Re: To post swi

I sent the .swi to your email address as an attachment before I read your above post...

Ok I got it

but in order for me to fix it just tell me what you want it to do. I think I understand but not sure. You just want several text items at the top that would represent your links and such. On rollover each does the blur effect and the appropriate text below appears. Your problem was that when you rolled over yours 'all' of the text below would appear and you only wanted the text that corrisponded with the text item that was rolled over? Just want to make sure I do what you want. ~Jer~

You got it...

Thats exactly what I am needing it to do. I want on rollover for the link text to blur and then the words cooresponding to that link to fade in and on mouse over fade out for that particular word....

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Here you go firecas

Hopefully you will be able to use this to better understand how to manipulate the timeline to achieve the effects you want. ~Jer~ http://members.theglobe.com/emily_a_t/jermenu.swi

Re: Here you go firecas

Originally posted by Jerry T
    Hopefully you will be able to use this to better understand how to manipulate the timeline to achieve the effects you want. ~Jer~ http://members.theglobe.com/emily_a_t/jermenu.swi
    Excellent Jer. exactly what I was trying to achieve..THANKS ALOT for your help...I appreciate it greatly.

Shawn

No problem firecas

glad I could help. ~Jer~