A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .swf as an email

Angry

Is it possible to insert a .swf into an email message so that it plays when the email is opened? The idea is to use my address bookas a database to send a promotional advert for my business to old and prospective clients.
    thanks

Create a swf and webpage- upload to a server, change the HTML so that the objects src is exact instead of relative- set outlook to export as html then either set the html as your wallpaper, signature, or send it from IE.

I have the same question as above....i tried what you said...it sends the page..with the correct .swf file, but the movie appears blank in my email? it's the same on other computers too...what am I missing. Is there some extra code needed in the HMTL?

-lara

In the Object Tag look for the <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="mymovie.swf"> and type the absoulute URL including the http:/ of your SWF.

It works- I've made about 6 of them in the last month.

meeeee toooo

i've been working on this as well....i can get it to work if you open the email in outlook or outlook express....but does anyone know how to make it work in web based email (i.e. hotmail)???????

The E-Mail client has to be set to recieve HTML E-Mail and the Senders E-Mail Client has to be set to send HTML E-Mail- In otherwords there is a large chance that it won't work becuse most people nowdays disable HTML E-Mail due to outlooks and other e-mail clients ability to excute VB scripts via just viewing it or previewing it in a preview pane.