A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can't get background sound to loop without small pause between loops...help.

I have small 9 second sound clip that I want to loop in my flash project. I import the sound into a layer, and set it to repeat 999 times, and sync=event.

When I play my movie, the sound plays through once, then there is a split second of silence, then the sound starts again. The silence is NOT from the actual sound its self, but it seems when flash "rewinds" the sound to the beginning, it pauses the sound slightly, thus it does not sound SEEMLESS.

What do I have to to to make the sound seemless?

As I have it right now, the sound is in its own layer within a scene. The sound is not in a movie clip.

Any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Ryan

I'm no expert but..

I've had a similar problem once, so I made the movie run (taking your example) 9 seconds then copy & pasted the firdt 3 (e.g.) seconds of the start of the movie to run after the ending until a quiet bit came, then told the movie to loop back to that same spot 9 seconds earlier. This way the quiet section hid the loop.

I hope you can use this,
    Nandor

Re: I'm no expert but..

Originally posted by nrakosi
    I've had a similar problem once, so I made the movie run (taking your example) 9 seconds then copy & pasted the firdt 3 (e.g.) seconds of the start of the movie to run after the ending until a quiet bit came, then told the movie to loop back to that same spot 9 seconds earlier. This way the quiet section hid the loop.

I hope you can use this,
    Nandor
    Hmmmm, Im not sure if I understand. You see, I have my animation loop in a 'movie clip'.

I took the movie clip and set it into a single frame in my scene timeline.

On the same timeline, I created a new layer, and let my sound clip into a single frame in that layer.

So when you play the scene, it will start looping the movie clip, and the scene also calls up the sound. So, the movie clip animation, and the sound are running totally independant of eachother, thus they will not affect eachother and just keep looping at their own pace.

I just dont understand why flash puts a small silence between my loops....

Ryan

Re: I'm no expert but..

Originally posted by nrakosi

I hope you can use this,
    Nandor
    Nevermind dude, I figured it out. For some reason or another, Flash wasnt liking the mp3 file that I used, so I changed to wav and all is well.