dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Stumped by thump

Hybrid View

I am having problems with a sound file when publishing as an .exe.

The sound plays fine on every media player I have on my computer. The sound plays fine when testing from the library. The sound plays fine when publishing as a .swf or in test movie. However, when I go to publish as an .exe, it develops a constant thump.

I have tried every compression setting and still get a thump. I put the sound file in an .fla all by itself, still thumping. I have tried it as a .wav and an .mp3, still thumps. Why would it do this in .exe only? Any suggestions? This is driving my nuts.

pkw

Arrow Thumping?

Hi,
    What do you mean by "thumping"? I'm just a little confused. Do you mean Clipping by any chance?
    Clipping is what happens when a signal level rises above a cutoff level. It often occurrs if you're recording from a source which is too loud for the device you're recording with. The effect is a noticable click when the volume hits the roof level.
    I know of no way to fix this problem other than to obtain an unaltered copy of the sound (whether that be by re-recording it or looking for another copy of the sound).
    I've struck this problem often when encoding songs from a tape to MP3 if the tape was recorded at a high volume.