dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Urgently stupid button in graphic in movie not working

Probably a stupid question but here goes...

On scene 1 (home) i have a movie clip containing a graphic containing a button. the script on this button is:

on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay ("about us", 1);
    }

I translate this as: when the user clicks this button the scene will change from scene 1 (home) to scene 2 (about us) and play.

But this is not working, the scene stays the same and the movie clip which the graphic containing the button is in simply replays again. How do i get it to work properly and take the user to frame 1 of scene 2 (about us)????????????

Confused?... I am

If this does not make sense please respond: "uh" and i will try and rephrase the message.

Cheers
    Pete

did you put the actions within the buttonmovie or on the button on top of your movie....

it needs to be in the actions on top of your movie...

ie..

you have your movie... button on it.... click button go to actions and place code there...

damn i am no good at explaining....

hope it is of helop...

S

Originally posted by Petes existenz
    Probably a stupid question but here goes...

On scene 1 (home) i have a movie clip containing a graphic containing a button. the script on this button is:

on (release) {
    }

I translate this as: when the user clicks this button the scene will change from scene 1 (home) to scene 2 (about us) and play.

But this is not working, the scene stays the same and the movie clip which the graphic containing the button is in simply replays again. How do i get it to work properly and take the user to frame 1 of scene 2 (about us)????????????

Confused?... I am

If this does not make sense please respond: "uh" and i will try and rephrase the message.

Cheers
    Pete

Member Pepember
    use frame labels wherever ya go !!!!!!
    frames are numbered consecutively throughout the scenes.
    e.g.: if scene1 contains an animation with 10 frames, then scene2 will start with frame 11 and so on...

Still no joy

I tried labeling the frame i want to get to in scene 2 (about us) and then changing the script on my btn to got and play the frame with that label but it didn't work. I think i have alter the script on the button or place the script elsewhere. Anyway this is a URL to the culprit .swf:

http://www.bdl.net/newflashbdl/room.swf

my question will make more sense hopefully if u take a visit there.

the about us btn in the navigation interface is part of a graphic, and the navigation interface is a movie which is is in a scene called home, i want the user to be able to click on the about us btn in the graphic in the navigation interface movie and be taken to the "about us" scene.

the script on this button is:

on (release) {
    }

I have copied the deffective button and placed it outside the graphic (collection of btns) and outside the movie (navigation interface) actually on scene 1 (home) it works here, it just won't when it is inside the movie and graphic.

sorry 4 being a dunce

Originally posted by theTick
    use frame labels wherever ya go !!!!!!
    frames are numbered consecutively throughout the scenes.
    e.g.: if scene1 contains an animation with 10 frames, then scene2 will start with frame 11 and so on...