A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: educational uses for flash?

I am interested in educational uses for flash, I was wondering if anyone knows of any websites or companies that are using flash for web-based education or multimedia educational projects.....thanks!

At the last company I worked for, we used Flash to create animated training guides. It's a lot more entertaining than reading the average technical manual, and seems to help with retention rate. I can't think of any companies that are doing this exclusivly... but I hope someone eventually will :)

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    I just finished a project for xerox that uses flash as the interface to teah how to use one of their copiers.

I've also used it for the US Navy for many CBT projects.

Regards, Bill

Pope (bill,) I would be very interested in looking at your interactive manual if that is possible. I am currently working on a flash project(my first big one) aimed at middle school level students about atoms and atomic structure. I think flash would be a great platform for educational projects/presentation and am trying to see if there are any employment possibilities in this area. Thanks for the reply and I would love to see yours and anyone else's examples of interactive, educational projects.
    One other question....does anyone think director would be a better tool for these kinds of projects? I prefer flash but would like to hear any othter thoughts.
    thanks,
    sean

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Sorry, cant do that, Xerox is not even out to their people yet and the Navy stuff is Classified. I can help you out in any other way let me know.

If you want to introduce some other items like video, and what not then you can look at http://www.***********.com for some products that will enchane the flashprojector as long as its pc based.

If you are going to do a cross platform CD then I would suggest a product called ishell by http://www.tribeworks.com I am currently working on a project for NASA which I will be able to send you a copy when its done. This is a great authoring environment. All visual like metropolis if you have been around for a while. Regards, Bill

pope, thanks for the info, pretty cool that you can say some of your stuff is classified! If there is any chance I can see your NASA project when its done, assuming I dont need security clearance, I would be gratefull.
    Thanks again
    sean

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    No, infact the project is for a delivery system called spartan. Its the new satilite delivery system NASA is using and trying to get private buisness to buy into. They are having to come up with their own funding so, they need excellent marketing of the products. hence the CD. I will keep you posted on the project or you can check my site and when its done There will be a way to contact me. Regards, Bill