A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: action scripting not working on export

I decided to make a simple invaders type game to learn more about actions. So far so good. it's starting to come together. BUT! when I export to SWF it dosen't work......

a zip file of everything is at
    http://bretlanius.com/flash/1stgame.zip

I'm sending it to support as well, but don't really expect an answer.

Would appreciate it if y'all have a look and see if you can find where I'm going wrong.

Thanks

I took a look at your game last night and I couldn't get it to export right either. Sorry I couldn't help, but actions are my weak point.

I would like to see a working version if/when it gets there. You've got a good concept going.

-Jason

hmmm

Originally posted by a_non_amous
    Hi,

I took a quick look and I see what your problem is...

Animations don't work well in moving layers.

I don't have time to fix it tonight....

You might try getting rid of the layers and replacing them with child movies.

If you don't have any success I will fix it tomorrow.

Regards,
    a_non_amous.
    That would seem to limit the game making ability of 3dFA, that could lead to a lot of child movies quickly.

resolved Only Another point of view

Originally posted by blanius
    I decided to make a simple invaders type game to learn more about actions. So far so good. it's starting to come together. BUT! when I export to SWF it dosen't work......

a zip file of everything is at
    http://bretlanius.com/flash/1stgame.zip

I'm sending it to support as well, but don't really expect an answer.

Would appreciate it if y'all have a look and see if you can find where I'm going wrong.

Thanks
    Hi Bret
    I was watching his game.

I found a problem I think! but not in your game, I tried to make the movement of block single in direction X and works well in the Preview but not in the Browser. Im using List of Actions and Key Input, and the results are such that You obtained.

A hypothesis between the lack of compatibility between browser and preview, can be that the lists of actions are not updating the variables, leaving fixed the first value that has the variable when Get Property is used.
    To corroborate this Makes a Debug of its variables by intermediate of a Edit Box, exports to your browser and checks it, if they are updated or no.

In my case, I realize this and when pressing the keys left arrow and right arrow, didnt update in browser the value of the variable in edit box, but in the Preview its OK!

Ive doubts if it is a problem of the programming of JAVA Script with respect to the update of the variables, I Dont Know

Another aspect that can influence is times per second that executes the list of Actions, seems as if it was infinitely in loop.

The exercise has been very productive but Ive also many doubts. I believe that Rob can give a greater explanation to this.

Joseph.

big problem

Well this is a very BIG issue. I'll be shelving the project for the time being. It was for my education only anyway. Shame I haven't heard a peep from the 3dFa folks about this. Let's hope it's because they are busy at work taking care of it and the other bugs. My short list of them follows.

animated gif import. transparency doesn't work

Mask: Only works with layers and child movies

Child movie: Frequently wont run in edit mode but does in parent movie.

Crash on export