A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Christmas

Hello everyone! I am a total beginner! I am currently designing my christmas website, I have a copy of Flash 4, and was wondering if anybody had anything like just a few words, with snow falling past them in flash 4? anything to do with christmas would be great! Sorry if I am not making sense! Please please help me! Thanks very much!

Al Berrisford

Try making circles with a gradient fill and use tweens to make them fall down.

Where have I been ??

Post Well..

First of all you were not REAL clear what you wanted. Couldnt tell if you wanted to use something that someone alread had, or an example to look off of. Easiest way I think would be to create a movie clip, using an instance of a snowflake (or a small white circle would probably work).. And copy it over into a few layers. Then just tween them so they fall. Only thing is, You might get a skip in the movie. Would have to use Actionscript probably to make it seamless.

hi guys! sorry about being so vague, what I meant was, something that something that somebody had already created, because I have not yet reached the stage where I can create brand new clips :-( , all that i can just about do, it edit text etc! but thanks for all your kind posts already! So if you could please help me! Thanks again!

I too would like to know how to make great looking
    snowflakes in Flash :-)

Cheryl-Anne.

if anyone has a flash snowflake, don't be shy to send it to me :-) wink wink.

anybody? I would really like some help? It would mean a lot ! Thanks!

it would prob be better to make it yourself. it's easy, heres how:

grab your circle tool.
    Make the outline blank (redline throug it) and make the fill color a radiant white to black (background of movie should be black for this one, or white and just reverse the circles colors)

select your new circle shape and press F8 to name it as a graphic. Name it whatever you want, snowflake or something, then place it where you want it in your movie.

then the fun part. Create another key frame that is your snowflakes ending point and then left click on the original one and create a tween. This will fill in the motion between your start frame and your end frame. You can still move both frames if you want to change where your snowflake goes. Simply repeat this on other layers for the amount of snowfall you want.

i hope this helps you out. and you should try and do these types of things yourself, and only edit others work when you are learning. (or colabirating)
    -poyla