A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to center projector

Hi all,
    just wondering if anyone knows of a way to make sure a projector (windowed) opens in the center of screen.

Thanks in advance.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar

If you want it to be a normal window then the only way I know is to use a third party tool. You can find a review of my product, SWF Studio, and some other third party tools at http://www.koolmovers.com/reviews.php

SWF Studio, Jugglor, projector launcher, and Swiff Canvas. Of those 4 only SWF Studio and Jugglor seam to still be active.

You can also rig up something with MMB, Autoplay Studio, and other Multi Media tools if you want more choices. If you are on a very tight budget monatarily but have time to play with it and the file is smaller then MMB, binding the projector to the project, is the budget choice (As it is only $45) although it is also the choice that could potentially cause most problems and has the highest learning curve.

Between Jugglor and SWF Studio- well it all depends on what all you want to do with your projectors. If you never want to make screensavers and only what to use the base functionality of Juglor (Positioning, packaging, and simple changes) then get Juglor- However if you are going to do more then it is in your intest to get SWF Studio (As it is cheaper in the long run). Both Juglor and SWF Studio work and have aceptable customer support.

Remember if you use SWF Studio with your projector files then you WILL need to have the plugin installed. They give you an option to pack the flash plugin into the their end file it produces.

Jugglor works with the projector file and doesn't require ANY flash plugin.

http://www.jugglor.com
    [Edited by *********** Support Team on 10-24-2001 at 08:00 AM]

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar

SWF Studio ships with the latest version of the Flash plugin (licensed from Macromedia) and it can bundle the Flash OCX with your project. So developers don't need to install the plugin to use SWF Studio and the end user doesn't have to worry either.

I really wish you guys would take the time to learn how SWF Studio works if you're going to try and explain it to people. I spent quite a bit of time learning how your products work, but I still don't try to make you look bad.

Regardless of your intent, it sounds like you're trying to make poeple afraid to use SWF Studio by telling them they'll have problems with the Flash plugin and that's just not true.

Hi,

Seems you have misunderstood the statement

"They give you an option to pack the flash plugin into the their end file it produces."

and you wrote

"it can bundle the Flash OCX with your project. So developers don't need to install the plugin to use SWF Studio and the end user doesn't have to worry either. "

Isn't that the same ?

"I spent quite a bit of time learning how your products work, "

Yes sure you do, we can see that.

No one is frighting anyone. You have a great product and some of your features are unique to ours.

We wish you all the best and continue your success.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for the advice guys.

You maybe interested to know that I've chosen to purchase swf studio and would like to say that their level of customer support is second to none.