A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: getting colours the same

hi
    suppose i make an image, and i want it to be the same colour as my background colour, how do i get them the same, i always desaturate my image and colourise it but it never comes out the same, heres an example...

see how the person and image are the exact same colour as the grey background.

cheers
    rich

Well when I'm in Photoshop I usually use the Eye Dropper tool to select the color I'd like to use as the background. Then double click on the color in the left-hand tool bar and a window should pop up.. the Hex value of the color is at the bottom of that window and you can then use that value to set your background color.

I've also done it the other way too. Changed the background of the image to match the background I already have selected for the page. Whatever works best.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Hmmmmmm.. whered you get that.. EJ's stuff??

http://www.01-la.com

must have come from some puiblicity material or something... is there an html site?

could be a screen grab

thanks arse, except that when i add a hue to an image, it doesnt let me specify a number for a colour, so i cant seem to get it exactly the same.
    also on the image, how has all the detail bas taken out, only the solid figures are left, do u get what im saying?

thanks

eyenovation, thanks for the link to the site, ill check it out soon. u know if id gotten another example of what i wanted to do that wasnt ur bf eric's , u wouldnt have given a toss. who cares, i liked the effect, i wanted to know how it was done - sue me. be sure to email ej and tell him i posted some of his work here, who knows u might end up scoring a date with him

thats easy, just go to image>adjust>gradient map, and learn how to use it.

oh yip cool
    except i couldnt find it image>adjust>????? not there
    lol

in photoshop 6, go to the top bar, look at were it says image, then roll over it, and in the menu, rollover adjust, then look for gradient map.

if you have ps 5.5, i believe is under layer>adjust, on the top menu also

oh yip, maybe im mental, i have 5.5 ad i cant find it? and my help menu doesnt seem to wanna work. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

what exactly does the gradient map do, does it deal with the colour or the detail, because theres 2 things im unsure of about the picture. like all the detail has been taken out and a block type effect is left, does that make sense?
    like a detailed image that consists of many different tones has been cut down to just a few, so u lose all the detail.

thanks man

Originally posted by richp
    thanks eyenovation, thanks for the link to the site, ill check it out soon. u know if id gotten another example of what i wanted to do that wasnt ur bf eric's , u wouldnt have given a toss. who cares, i liked the effect, i wanted to know how it was done - sue me. be sure to email ej and tell him i posted some of his work here, who knows u might end up scoring a date with him
    HA HA HA - Good one buddy! Not only is Flashkit great for learning stuff, but you sure can get a great laugh as well!

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    be sure to email ej and tell him i posted some of his work here, who knows u might end up scoring a date with him
    You goon. You are way out of line. I was merely acknowledging we had the same taste. Why is it I cannot admire an artist without you insinuation I worship him.

I can find flaws in EJ's work - the same as he could find flaws in mine. (more in mine, I think)

Sorry if I offended you.. Geeeeeeeeesh.
    Get a sense of humor.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Beckstar
    HA HA HA - Good one buddy! Not only is Flashkit great for learning stuff, but you sure can get a great laugh as well!
    Ummmmm.. yeah. Very funny.
    Wait till I see you guys posting compliments to another artist..

hey eyenovation, i wasnt being serious, i just take any opportunity to slag someone off, lol sorry man, i was just having ya on, just a bit of a laugh. i agree ej is the man, hes a creative genius!

and thanks beckstar

laters

Can you take as well as you give?

hey eyenovation, i wasnt being serious, i just take any opportunity to slag someone off, lol sorry man, i was just having ya on, just a bit of a laugh. i agree ej is the man, hes a creative genius!

and thanks beckstar

laters
    Funny to see you complimenting Eric Jordan, after this post:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=220402

Perhaps you are the jealous boyfriend type?

lol, well im always slagging off ej, who else can i slagg off that anyone is gonna care about?

and yea it be cool if people would give stuff back, but everyone is so politically correct on here.

im glad someone noticed what u did!

Don't get me wrong - I don't approve of all this 'sarcasm' but that's just the thing with forums - sometimes it may appear as though someone is being sarcastic, when, in fact they're not! It's quite funny to pick up on it though and to read through the, almost, 'hostile' responses to sometimes meaningless and innocent statements which are obviously interpreted in an incorrect manner.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    If its all fun and games, please accept some ale on me.

A side note.. 2A is MORE than just EJ.
    Its a team effort, no?
    [Edited by Eyenovation on 10-25-2001 at 08:49 PM]

I'll take a Guiness plzkthx.

honestly eyenovation i dont believe 2a is any more then eric jordan, i dont believe anyone is even close to his level, all those people from new masters of flash i dont think any of them even compare, he revolutionised the industry, he set the stardard, before i saw his stuff i created the crappest animations.
    look at designinsites, all there good stuff is all ej, now hes gone and i look at there new stuff and think, ok just another web firm, nothing amazing.
    im sure 2a has a talented team of programmers etc, and some people who can create wicked images and backgrounds, but when it comes to flahs animations, id say ej only.

but who am i? just a nobody from new zealand.

rich