dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: *********** (Jugglor) Support People.. help!

Hi there.

I have Jugglor and it's pretty great. I have a problem though. I have just packed everything up and it is working almost brilliantly. However by packing it up my F1 button commands no longer work! It took me a week to learn how to program the F1 button to work when pressed - but now that I put it through Jugglor it has become useless. Is there a particular reason for this?

The F1 button in my file takes a person to the help section and it is really quite important

any help or information on this would be great.

Tiana

Tim (Super Moderator) Northcode's Avatar

How did you handle the F1 key? I just tried this in Jugglor 1.1b (and SWF Studio) and it worked fine. I added a movie clip with the following clip event to my main timeline.

Code:
    onClipEvent (keyUp) {

if (Key.getCode() == 112) { // F1=112
          // take action here
       }

}

Yes thanks Northcode. It should work ? Have you disabled keyboard interaction ?

If not then please send your Juggled file to support@***********.com and we will take a look here for you.

this is what I had...

Originally posted by Northcode

How did you handle the F1 key? I just tried this in Jugglor 1.1b (and SWF Studio) and it worked fine. I added a movie clip with the following clip event to my main timeline.

Code:
    onClipEvent (keyUp) {

if (Key.getCode() == 112) { // F1=112
          // take action here
       }

}

Thanks for the replies guys... this is what I had

Code:
    onClipEvent (keyDown) {
    	if (key.isdown (112)) {
    		loadMovieNum ("help.swf", 2);
    	}
    }
    I guess I have done it wrong... it works fine in the projector... just not in the juggled file... is it best to change it to the code above?

Tim (Super Moderator) Northcode's Avatar

As long as the F1 key is held down you get KeyDown events but you can only get one KeyUp event. That's the main argument for using KeyUp (a one time trigger) but either one should work inside a projector. Without the FLA it's pretty hard to diagnose why it's not working for you.

You can verify that it's not Jugglor causing the problem easily by creating a new FLA that just has a movie clip with that actionscript code in it. That would be my first suggestion. If you can't get that to work then something funny is going on.