A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: -=How can I make flash/web sites to look GOOD at every "resolution" setting?=-

hello, I am a newbie to web-design, I am wondering how come all the web pages or flash sites I made, look good on my own pc (with same resolution when i make them), but look HORRIBLE at different resolution setting (example, a 800 by 600 resolution). The webpage just doesn't look even on different resolution. Btw, I am always working on 1280 by 1240 resolution.

Anyone can give me some answers on how to make my webpages look even in different resolution rate??

THANX!

bump!

Hi.

This is an ongoing frustration for me too.. I would suggest setting your flash movies to a width and height optimized for 800*600 as that's what most users are on-unfortunately.

Although... I make mine at 1024*710 and make sure my fonts are big enough to be read shrunk down on low res machines. Below is a link to a descent article i found on the subject:

http://www.webreview.com/2001/03_16/.../index01.shtml

Hope that helps

yeah

big frustration...
    coz one computer i run 800X600 other i run 1024 X 768
    and when i get it to look nice on both and tell my friends to look they r like err wtf y so small coz they run at like 2024 X something... aha

i think either you do as evolve sed and otimise for the most used or you use some javascript to detect the res and load different versions accordingly... a little more work i know... not as if we don't have enough to do

thanx guys for the help! I will check into it

there is a script u can use in flash 2 make your movie expand to the size of any screen res, - ask me 4 it? - i dont kno it - but i can find it, and when i do, i'll post it.

res

try this source code for flash.
    it resizes automatically for all resolutions.

a sample site, http://www.stneotsmotorcycles.co.uk

the source,

<HTML>

<HEAD>
    <TITLE>your title</TITLE>
    <META NAME=GENERATOR CONTENT="your meta search words">

</HEAD>
    <BODY BGCOLOR="#000000" topmargin=0 leftmargin=0>
    <CENTER><!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" startspan --> <param name=movie value="yourswf.swf">
    <EMBED SRC="your swf.swf" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT="100%" quality=high type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align=left scale=exactfit>
    <!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup"

</BODY>
    </HTML>--></CENTER>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>