A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: does bitmap on pc = pict on mac

Is saving as a bitmap sequence on a pc the same as saving as a pict sequence on a mac. Im quessing so but not 100% sure.

Ok, some explanations about that formats...

The ".bmp" is the natural format on a PC... And yes, a PICT is the natural format on MAC. But all these formats are in fact Bitmaps (they're built with pixels...).

So, I guess that you ask that to import a sequence of images on Flash. Did you have any problems by importing images ?

Maybe I can help you ?

tchao,
    Zeb

thanks for the reply. I have a quicktime movie that i want to imbed in flash so it works on the projector to play off cd. I read a tute saying i can import the .mov and export as a sequence of bitmaps (PICT as im on Mac). All is good until I import the pics back in coz theyre just too large and/or just too many.
    Thinking about buying a program that converts .mov to flash (ie flix from wildform, javakitty, flashants, etc). Any thoughts??? (might post on standalone + applications)
    thanks.

Usually when I want to use a .mov in Flash, I export it first as a sequence of images in Adobe Premiere.
    Then when I import the first image, flash understand that It's a sequence ( images are numerate like "image1.jpg", "image2.jpg", etc...), and ask if you want to import all images. And It's great, because Flash import one image per frame.

I wouldn't like to use Flix, because It doesn't allow you to make some changes on your sequence, while you can make some changes with photoshop (with the function "automate").

Else you can post some questions on a specific board for Flix, don't post on the standalone board, It's useless, that board deals only with Flash Projectors.

Ok, hope I've helped you a bit...

Tchao,
    Zeb