A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: External swf's are resized

My Flash projector file loads an external sfw file. This second file loads/unloads swf video clips in response to button clicks. My problem is that the video clips do not display at their original size. In each case I have set the movie size to 640x480. No matter what movie size I select, the video clips are enlarged and look awful. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

John

You could try targeting the loaded movies into clips where you would have full control over their size and position in the timeline...

To do this is diffrent depending on which version of Flash you are using and it is also possible to do this with 3'rd party authoring apps.

Your best place to get info on how to target clips in flash is apropriate Flash actionscript boards or if you are using a third party authoring app inside that apps support forum.

how you have set your loading script is what is effecting this (also check the stage for stray shapes- I bet you have one offstage if you are using Flash).

Thanks, that was just the pointer that I needed. I was already targeting the loaded movies into clips to control the position. I didn't realise that I could set the _xscale and _yscale to control the size!