A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML vs. Flash

Question

I'm learning my way around Flash and could use a veteran's advice. Flash can produce most things that a basic web-site requires but I'm wondering if there are some things that Flash is capable of that perhaps should be better left to HTML. As one of my college instructors said "Just because you CAN do it doesn't mean that you should do it."
    Any inside knowledge to help me on my way? Thanks all.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Lets see Flash, Small foot print, Multi-platform, Dynamic, Search enabled, Printable, Cool factor of 1000.
    needs a plug-in.

Html, Static, Looks and acts different in the two top browses (dhtml), No plug-in needed.

There are functions that can be done in html alone that flash does not fit the solution as well (right now) like
    large fields of images being downloaded and updated. You could do it but its not just a matter of using a
    script or table to fill the field. But that's just one mans opinion. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>