A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Load question..

I tried to view my site on a 56k modem..no go by the way...56kers please check... LARGE SITE...YOU ARE WARNED!!
    http://www.dreamwater.org/whispers007
    tell me if anything AFTER the home/Splash page works?? Sound..buttons..etc.

My question is:.I have preloaders on every external .swf I call with a button...but these did not even play...How exactly does the loading work?

My preloaders are just in the first, lets say 20 frames, of the main .swf movie. Do the preloaders not work/show because it loads the whole .swf bofe playing?...Like..does the preloader have to be a seperate .swf or a seperate SCENE to work?..Thanks..I also have a thread on help with the code for making my Background scroll when I click on a button...SO PLEASE,...PLEASE help on that if you can...
    -whispers-
    [Edited by whispers on 10-26-2001 at 11:39 AM]

From what I understand... I am new at this but.. The "loading" movie is a scene- when the loading movie reaches a -frame say 20- it has the action "load movie or scene"- I am guessing-??????

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Your link is bad, it should be: http://www.dreamwater.org/whispers007

Ah,,...right you are...! Fixed now. Any comments on the two questions...since YOU had the link right?? -WHISPERS-

This is probably what is up with it. What kind of preloader are you using. There are two kinds, one that loads a mc and one that loads frames. If your using the frame loading one (this is if your content isn't contained in a mc) Then it is ok to use scenes and what not. But if you are using mc's (movie clips : if all your animation and content are combined and only take up one frame) then that is an entirely different type of preloader. You can't use one with the other it just doesn't work right. hope this helps.

Pat

ok.."PEA".....(know it all paty-animal) You have told me whatth eproblem is..but any answer to it..or how to find the solutoin by myself!! ANybody else? -whispers-

Hmm... i thought that you just had 2 create an mc and use the loadmovie action then it would load it just like any flash movie.

Thats what I thought....but I only see the last part of the preloader where I jump to a frame saying done...when all the frame sare loaded form the movie clip (frame 1) in the next scene.. SOme people dont see anything..just sits there..

Maybe it was preloaded in your systems temporary internet files?