hi,

im making a menu system where i have two buttons, one left and one right arrow. below these arrows is one long mc which starts at 0,0 position and is four times the length of the stage.

eg: the two arrows are on the left and right edge of the stage and the mc is below it. so when the movie starts, only the *** symbols can be seen

< >
*************++++++++++++++==============ooooooooo ooo

when i click on the right arrow, the mc will move to the left and now only the +++ symbols can be seen. pressing the right arrow one more time will push it further to the left and now only the === symbols are seen and so on. pressing the left arrow will move the mc to the right.

now im able to move it to the right place using actionscript, but i dont know how to show the movement. i want it to accelerate fast in the beginning and slow down as it reaches the desired position. i can do this using tweening but i would rather do it using script.

can anyone help out with this. its really important because i havnt had much luck with other easing scripts and how to implement them.

sid